Tuesday, May 12, 2015

© Nippy Blair 2015. Posts and pictures on this blog cannot be copied, downloaded, printed, or used without the permission of the blog owner, Nippy Blair.

 
 
PET PEEVE
 I just need to get a pet peeve off my chest...well, one of my many pet peeves...I may list them some day for you...this time it is about freezer spaces.
Tonight I was trying to add something to the freezer and well, that is where the problem began.






 Our freezer is located on the left side (the correct side in my left handed world) of the refrigerator, next to the refrigerator side where we keep our milk and other things that I like to organize according to my world.  It has two doors...delightful to use...sits in the kitchen right next to the sink and the island...just like most every other refrigerator in every other house...the problem is the shelves are narrow and not everything that we freeze is in handy little boxed containers that can stack easily in those narrow places...This is a very sore point with me.  I like things to be neat and tidy in my world - when I want it to be. And my world means the way I perceive things to be...not the reality view.

Anyway, back to the problem.  Some of our frozen items are in zip lock bags that we forget, way too often, to label as to the contents.  They don't stack well and, if bulky, tend to be shoved wherever they might can fit...which puts them in odd shapes and makes me, unhappy.  And when unhappy, I make lots of fussy little sentences that are completely illogical. 







THIS IS SO WRONG!  Bulky little zip lock bags don't belong in a freezer. They create hazards!   When you try to place a nice neat box in the freezer that you got from Sam's or somewhere..you have to move the frozen blob and then try to force its unyielding shape into another space. Awkward.  They don't want to fit into a new space.  They have become molded to the old space.  So I tend to quickly shove them in and slam the door.  Of course, the next time, as soon as the door is opened, the blob quickly escapes causing a hazard to my feet as it slides merrily to the floor..  I hardly ever - no make that never - wear shoes in the house unless it is a very cold day then I might wear socks...cold frozen blobs hurt an awful lot when they land on feet that are too slow to move out of the way, even with socks on!  It feels as if an 18 pound shot put were thrown directly on the feet.



   MAJOR OUCH!!!  Maybe I should design freezer boxes that fit neatly in narrow shelves....oh wait, you say,  that has been done already...ah, yes, plastic containers,  I think they are called. Duh!  Well then maybe I should learn to use those containers. But that takes time.  I need instant gratification.  But I am off the subject now...so back to that freezer. 



Frances loves frozen bananas, which started this whole problem.  In order to freeze bananas you have to place them in the freezer.  They don't come in neat little boxes that fit on narrow shelves.  "Why oh why don't they make rectangular bananas?", I shouted.  "Bananas should come in nice little boxes the size used to hold toothpaste.  Boxes that will stack neatly?"   Frances just laughed.  "Are things not fitting according to the way Nippy thinks they should fit, darling?  Poor baby," she mocked. 

So, do you understand where I am going here?   Yes, I could have put them in containers, but that would be too easy.  All this leads to me shoving those dang bananas into the freezer, in a hissy fit, around other awkward blobs that aren't neat and tidy, demanding that they be eaten as soon as they are properly frozen before they become a disheveled mess in my world.  With the overripe bananas in one hand I jerked the door open...yep, you guessed it....two blobs, that had no label as to their secret, slid happily out of their forced contained areas and landed smack dab on my feet. 

So if you visit me tomorrow you will see the scrape from the frozen, unlabeled, item on my feet and a nice blue spot.  I'd even be happy to eat a frozen banana, if you bring it to me.   But, I'm not opening that freezer door.  I might be attacked!

*NOTE:  All of this nonsense won't mean a hill of beans, in my little world, until the next time I need to put something in the freezer that requires my moving things around.  Welcome to my world.


4 comments:

  1. Heather cuts her bananas into one inch pieces before freezing. Those might fit nicely in a rectangular plastic container. Then you have "frozen banana bites."

    An even better idea------bwahahahaha--------is for you and Frances to have different freezer shelves designated for neat-freaks vs not-so-neat regular person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lay ziplocks flat to freeze they freeze thin and then the next day they can slot in nicely like books on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Well, actually Monty and I both do since we live in entirely different worlds when it comes to HOW to pack the freezer and WHAT to pack into the freezer. And,yes, we DO have His & Hers shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can SO relate! Funny - and feeling your pain in all empathy!

    ReplyDelete